I ♥ Brunch

Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas - Dale Evens
My girlfriends and I love love love brunch... but our schedules don't always work out to align with the moon, the stars and Sunday morning! So for our Christmas Girl's Night, they came over for a decadent meal of stuffed french toast and mimosas!


The table was set to reflect the festive occasion... A gathering of greenery, gold sprayed pine cones and candles at various heights created the simple centerpiece. The gold and red of the centerpiece was echoed by the tablecloth and napkins for a pretty backdrop for the feast to come! When all else fails, just dim the overheads and bask in the glow of the Christmas lights!


For the stuffed French Toast, I searched for a recipe that came close to the delicious treat we had all shared at a popular brunch spot in Philadelphia - but also easy to make! The one I found was from Rachel Ray and came out great! I didn't add the chocolate chips or make the syrup and instead just topped the stuffed french toast with a berry compote made from a bag of frozen mixed berries cooked down with some sugar. And I couldn't forget to finish the whole dish off with a light dusting of powdered sugar! For our cocktail, I made a twist on the traditional mimosa by adding pineapple juice to the orange juice and champagne. I also floated Cara Cara pink(!) oranges in it for extra color and flavor. Cheers and Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:44 AM

    At this dinner, your culinary excellence was surpassed only by your decor! The pictures don't do the ambiance justice! Love all of your little touches- for example- the double napkins tying in both red and gold from the rest of the table-scape- fantastic!

    ReplyDelete