You Say It's Your Birthday...

All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much - George Harrison
My mother in law likes to celebrate all things (one of the many things I love about her) and her 60th birthday was not exception!  She 'hired' me to throw her a surprise party so I dreamed up a fun 'Beatles Bash' for her!  The MIL is slightly obsessed with the Beatles so it was great they could help celebrate her special day with friends and family.  I started with creating a custom party 'logo' to use on the invite, party decor, and favors.  In the traditional Fab Four font it featured 'The Birthday'.


Another element I wanted throughout the party was color, so I chose black and white with pops of yellow to reinforce the mod 60's Beatles theme.  Everything from linens to balloons to flowers to records to cupcakes carried the colors.  The flowers were a special touch, handmade paper flowers using Beatles sheet music.  Simply download and print previews of any sheet music and punch out with the largest scalloped paper punch you can find, then layer and fold with a solid color.  Add a smaller punch out or fringe for the flower center.


Guests had a great time eating yummy food, dancing to Beatles tunes, toasting the guest of honor with a signature cocktail, and taking photo ops with their favorite Beatle.  Thanks to the internet, I found life size cut outs and used an instant camera to encourage guests to ham it up!  For the real fans there were song references in all the signage, vintage button pins, and album cover playing cards for favors.  To prove that my MIL is a true #1 fan, we photoshopped her into classic paparazzi shots of the British invasion and posted them around the room.


Thanks to all of the family, friends, and the Beatles for making my MIL so happy on her special day!  Special thanks to my dear friend and talented photographer Joan Tsen of Applesky Photography for all photos!!


No comments:

Post a Comment