Play Ball

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too - Yogi Berra
One of my best friends was married recently in of all places a baseball stadium and I had the honor and privilege of serving as a bridesmaid.  Since the venue was so outstanding, all other details could be a little more spare.  Whether it was finding the perfect pink and navy groomsmen ties or helping tie ribbons around the flower vases, I was there for her.  One fun, unexpected, element I helped with was the programs.  We turned a basic paper item into a part of the ceremony by creating program 'pendants' that everyone waved from the stands after the 'I dos'!  I was able to print 2 triangle shaped programs per 8.5" x 11" and mounted on a larger triangle for contrast and stability.  Then I punched two holes and threaded a basic cake pop stick through. When put together, one side was the program, the other side was the couple's monogram.


I always enjoy any chance I can help a friend celebrate a special occasion.  As a surprise, I made an extra special two pendants for the bride and groom for a cute stadium photo prop!  All photo credits are the wonderful Joan Tsen of Applesky Photography who made running around a baseball stadium snapping photos look easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment