Have Yourself a Merry Little Cocktail

"Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is being wreathed in smiles."~ Unknown
I love how this is the most festive time of the year! It seems like no one can resist adding a little sparkle to their homes - and themselves - sounds like the perfect reason to throw a cocktail party!! So I got to making some elaborte decorations, overstocking the bar, and cooking up too much food!

Decor

As soon as I walked into my new apartment with its double height living room ceilings I knew it was meant for a party! My sweet boyfriend agreed to the task of stringing up dozens of foam snowflakes at varying heights so they could cascade down over the guests. My collection of old Christmas cards came in handy and I selected my most favorites to hang from ribbons at intervals along an evergreen garland the length of the apartment. Sparkly gold and red ornaments and candles clustered together with (free!) evergreen scrap trimmings from the tree lot in glass jars placed throughout the apartment created a cozy glow!



Signature Cocktail

My friends and I love mojitos so why should they be just a summer drink?! I mixed up a batch (see recipe below) and poured it into martini glasses hooked up with mini candy canes and voila! Peppermint Winter Mojitos!


Simple Mojito Recipe:
  • Muddle together fresh mint leaves & lime slices with sugar in a tall pitcher
  • Add 1 parts Bacardi Rum and 2 parts Sprite
  • Stir in ice and pour through slotted spoon

No comments:

Post a Comment