Twinkle Twinkle Little Birthday


Ye stars! which are the poetry of heaven! - Lord Byron
We celebrated one of my best friend's birthdays this month with a wonderful Spring evening gathering out on the patio, under the stars. My friends and I share a love and facination of stars (3 of us have star tattoos!) so this motif worked its way into the party setting!


I love things that are high on impact, yet low on time, so I decided to focus on one element to make the party feel special. I picked up 5 glass containers from the $-store and got out the craft supplies, including my favorite star punch. I cut bright colored paper into strips the height of the containers and gave them a simple smattering of star cutouts. Then I simply taped the paper around the container and added a few tea lights to each of them.


Since it was a Spring birthday, the signature drink for the evening was a white wine Sangria. I chose cantaloupe and honeydew melon for the fruit and gave them a special upgrade... using a small star-shaped cookie cutter, I cut them into colorful stars to float around! I had also made star shaped ice in a flexible mold to mix into the pitcher. I should name the drink "Shooting Star Sangria", because it went quickly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment